Monday, May 4, 2009

5 Days on Champix

It's been 5 days since I started taking Champix again. Already I can feel the effect of them, i.e. I'm less inclined to smoke. In recent months I've been smoking 10 - 15 a day, but for the last 2 days, I think I've only had 5 a day.
The plan is to stop by Thursday 7 May (six months exactly since I got married). I'm pretty confident about stopping on or before the day.

Side effects this time round? Only a few vivid dreams, nothing nasty, just feels like there's been a dozen stories going on in my head all night.

Feel free to ask questions in the comments if you have any.

Cheers,

3 comments:

bermudabronze said...

So? Is there a happy ending Simon?? I am planning to get the Champix next week - doctor's off 'til then. But I am quite scared of the side effects I keep hearing about. Did your wife quit on Champix too? Did you gain weight? Hoping to hear your success story.

CraigDEE said...

Hi, I'm on day 4 and all i wanna do is sleep. Did you find lethargy as a side effect too. I'm still smoking atm but less now than 5 days ago... But will this pass as i stop smoking or only after i get off the meds? please tell
Regards ©∂

CraigDEE said...

Hi I'm on day 6 and i'm still tired as heck. Am still wanting to smoke but every time i do it just tastes bad... and I really do not enjoy it. So I'm certainly smoking less. But I was told that by today (6) or tomorrow (day 7) that i'll just stop without realising it. But this morning I've had 2 smokes but not enjoyed them, although still want to. Guess I'll just stick with the pills and see how i go... ©